- T6-1000 Electrical Teste
- PRV240FS Proving Unit
- Attached Test Leads, with 0.16" (4 mm) Removable Probe Caps
- User's Manual
- Be safer: Measure voltage to 1000 V ac through the open fork, without test leads.
- Be faster: No need to open covers or remove wire nuts.
- Be more efficient: Simultaneously measure voltage and current.
- Be everywhere: 17.8 mm open fork is widest in the industry; measure up to 200 A on 4/0 wires (120 mm2).
- Go beyond simple detection. Actually measure ac voltage and current values without test leads
Why use the T6 Electrical Tester?
Electricians often work in boxes jammed with wires, where finding a safe metallic contact point can be a challenge. With the T6-600 or T6-1000 you take measurements by sliding a single wire into the open fork.
How FieldSense Works
FieldSense technology is truly a breakthrough in how voltage is measured. While other open fork testers detect a magnetic field to show ac current, FieldSense technology detects an electrical field. This field interacts with a reference signal created by the T6 tester, creating a voltage value on the tester’s display.
Who needs a T6 tester?
Commercial and light industrial electricians can use T6 Electrical Testers for most everyday measurements. These devices easily fit in your pocket, making them easy to access on the front-line for electricians of all industries.
* Voltage measurement requires capacitive path to ground, provided through user in most applications. Ground connection via test lead may be required in some situations.
Measure voltage up to 1000 V ac through the open fork, without test lead contact to live voltage.+ Without opening covers or removing wire nuts. On wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2), carrying as much as 200 A. It will change your job. Safer. Faster. Easier.
1 Requires capacitive path to ground, provided through user in most applications. Ground connection via test lead may be required in some situations.
- FieldSense technology for ac voltage, current and frequency measurement without making electrical contact to live voltage*
- Simultaneous voltage and current display – shows all power supply measurements at a glance for efficient trouble shooting
- 1 to 1000 V ac or dc (T6-1000)
- 0 to 200 A ac
- True-rms voltage and current
- Resistance 1 Ω to 100 kΩ
- Frequency measurement 45 Hz to 66 Hz
- Works with wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2) with a 17.8 mm jaw opening
- HOLD button temporarily freezes the reading for easy viewing
- Easy to read display with backlight
- Accepts optional Fluke TPAK Magnetic Meter Hanger for convenient operation
- Standard two-year warranty; extendable to 4 years through product registration within 45 days of purchase+
Tips: FieldSense Technology
Do not hold or touch wire you are testing during a measurement. Use the black probe to make the ground connection if:
- wearing gloves or insulated footwear
- standing on an insulated ladder
- additional ground contact is required for the application
Fluke PRV240FS Proving Unit
Verify your test tool without unnecessary exposure to shock and arc flash. Using the PRV240FS reduces the need for personal protective equipment (PPE) when a known voltage source is not available for verification of your tester or multimeter before tests are performed*. Additionally, the PRV240FS also provides ac and dc voltages for other HiZ instruments in your tool box.
A single switch and a set of LEDs indicate functionality of both the FieldSense “no-test-lead” voltage measurement capability, plus standard ac and dc measurements with test leads. This unit is a simple-to-use solution for complying with TBT verification of your test tools.
*PPE is still needed for absence of voltage testing when appropriate.
“Test Before Touch”
Fluke’s PRV240FS allows you to “Test Before Touch” (TBT), which involves testing your T6 against a known live source before and after the actual measurement. This sequence verifies that your test tool is operating properly during the actual measurement.